Although there are no permanent solutions for the cure of Osteoarthritis, there are alternative treatments that can bring relief to the symptoms and prevent aggravation of the injury. Suggestions on alternative treatments may be obtained from Dr.Niraj Vora, undoubtedly the best orthopedic doctor. Here are 5 alternative treatments that should be followed after consultation with a joint replacement specialist. They are:
- Acupuncture – This age old treatment can be helpful depending upon the gravity of the problem. This process of treatment can significantly reduce the intensity of pain, help in improved functional ability, and help in leading a life of better quality.
- Supplements of Chondroitin and Glucosamine – Taken together or separately, Chondroitin and Glucosamine can be useful for treatment of Osteoarthritis, especially if the affected part is the knee. Restrictions on use of this alternative method can be discussed with a top orthopedic doctor. To prevent any reaction with other types of medications such as blood thinners, it is advisable to consult a specialist in Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Getting relief from pain can be the best alternative rather than pursuing a process that guarantees a permanent cure to Osteoarthritis, as, there is no permanent cure for this type of ailment. Taking help of certain devices can bring relief to the nagging pain says Dr.Niraj Vora one of the best Orthopedic Specialist.These include walking aids, shoe inserts, braces, which can help in taking off the stress off the joints. Those suffering from Osteoarthritis of the knee can get good results by wearing a brace around the knee, which will help redistributing the weight and taking off some amount of pressure from the knee joints.
- Humira can be another medication for Osteoarthritis treatments, but before taking this medication, you should consult a top orthopedic doctor, because Humira can have side effects, and it is important to learn about the safety information. Among the hazards that Humira can cause, are serious infections and cancer.
- A combination of massage therapy, Yoga and Tai Chi can be one of the best alternative treatments for Osteoarthritis. These are safe methods and can really be helpful in reducing the pain and help patients to prevent any further aggravation.