During pregnancy hip pain is a common symptom that you may struggle. This discomfort is most often seen during the third trimester. To reduce hip pain, increasing flexibility and building strength are the best ways.
What Causes Hip Pain During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, an important hormone called ‘Relaxin’ releases in your body. All your muscles and joints softens and get relaxed. The higher amount of Relaxin is released to prepare your body for labor. During delivery time, it is easier for your baby’s body move through the birth canal. Unfortunately increase of the hormone results in hip pain for some ladies.
Due to some physical changes in your body results in hip pain during pregnancy. This can lead to discomfort in the 3rd trimester.
During pregnancy the other causes of hip pain are
• Muscle stretching as your baby grows between 18th and 24th week.
• Due to excessive weight gain
To reduce hip pain, practicing exercise may strengthen both the abdominal muscles as well as your back muscles. Before starting any exercises, it is good to consult doctor.
There are a few simple exercises for hip pain in pregnancy as follows:
Sit on the floor and be in a Padmasana posture. Now position your legs so that the soles of your feet touching together and knees should be bent. Now hold your feet with hands and make sure your back as straight as possible. Try to be in posture for 10 to 20 seconds.
• Start on your knees and hands, your knees directly under your hips and with your wrists directly under your shoulders. Make sure your fingertips are pointing to the mat.
• Begin with cow pose: Inhale drop your belly towards the mat and lift your chin and look up towards the ceiling.
• Now move to cat pose: Exhale draws back, belly to your spine and towards the ceiling round your back.
• Inhale coming back to cow pose and exhale returning to cat pose. Repeat this exercise for 5-20 times and rest back by sitting on your heels.
Now start with both knees on the floor and body must be upright. For balancing use the floor or furniture and your right foot is placed in front of you, be flat on the floor and your knee is bent. Make sure right knee should be directly over right ankle and spine should be upright as shown in the picture. When you lean your hips forward, in your LEFT hip flexor you should feel a stretch. Repeat this for 2-3 times and hold for 15-30 seconds.
Dr Niraj Vora is a best hip replacement doctor in Mumbai who has been treating patients suffering from Hip pains from past a decade. To know more about reduction of hip pain, feel free to contact Dr Niraj Vora @http://www.drnirajvora.com/contact.html.